Quicken is a popular tool that tracks your personal finances. You can easily manage your money through this program. It’s also possible to move Quicken to a new computer whenever the need arises. You can do it manually or automatically.
Both Windows and Mac users can carry out this process. This article will take you through stepwise instructions on the transfer process.
Things to Consider Before Moving Quicken
There are three basic things you must remember before moving Quicken to another system.
- Automatically or manually make a Quicken backup.
- Install Quicken to a new system before the migration process. It is not necessary to get another Quicken software for this purpose.
- Your system must have 1 GB of memory.
- You must have the Windows 7,8, or 10 operating system.
- The processing speed of your system must be at least 1GHz or above.
How to Move Quicken to a New Computer
The process of moving Quicken to another computer starts when you download and install Quicken on a different computer. After that, plug in the external drive, restore the backup file, and find a location to save it. Lastly, log in to your Quicken.
- Start by downloading and installing the Quicken software.
- To do so, navigate to the official website of Quicken.
- Here, tap ‘Sign in’ followed by ‘My account.’
- Now, input your Quicken credentials.
- Tap ‘Sign in.’
- You’ll get a verification code on your mobile number or email.
- After logging into the Quicken account, scroll down till you find the ‘My purchases’ section.
- Lastly, click ‘Download Quicken.’
- Quicken will download as a setup.exe file.
- Install this file.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to enable user account control.
- After that, click ‘Let’s go.’
- Accept the license agreement and tap ‘Next.’
- Click ‘Install.’
- It will take some time for Quicken to install on your computer.
- Tap ‘Done’ after it is fully installed.
- Choose a suitable option to use Quicken and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, plug in the external drive where you’ve made a backup.
- Head back to your Quicken software.
- When it opens, tap the ‘File’ menu.
- After that, click ‘Restore from backup file…’
- Select ‘Restore’ from your backup.
- Then click ‘Browse…’
- Bring your mouse to the external drive location to choose the backup file.
- Now, click ‘Open’ followed by ‘Restore file.’
- Tap ‘Browse’ to select a location to save this restored file.
- Go by the recommended location.
- Hit ‘Save’ followed by ‘Restore backup.’
- Now you can log in to your Quicken account.
- Use your Quicken ID and password to log in.
- You can also sync Quicken data to your mobile.
- After doing that, click ‘Done.’
Move Quicken to New Computer on Mac
Similar to Windows, Mac users can also move Quicken from one system to another. Ensure that you have the program’s latest version. Also, create a copy of your Quicken file. Now, follow the points below.
- In your previous system, launch Quicken and choose ‘Backup.’
- Create a backup of the file via a USB drive or a disk.
- Link your USB drive to the new system.
- After that, launch Quicken.
- Now, choose your file.
- Continue by choosing ‘Restore’ from the backup.
- Your external drive is present on the left part below ‘Devices.’
- Locate it and then select your device.
- Find your backup file.
- Finally, tap the ‘Restore this file’ option.
- Save the file to a local drive.
- Lastly, tap the ‘Restore’ option.
Irrespective of whether you are a Windows or Mac user, you can easily moving quicken to a new computer with these instructions. Follow them carefully to benefit from a smooth transfer process. However, if you face any issues during this process, connect with a Quicken technical support expert.