A B2B matchmaking event is the ideal solution to find business partners, customers and employees. These events can be organized by small companies, big corporations or even by public authorities.
In this article we will tell you how to organize a professional matchmaking event so that it is successful and provides maximum benefits for your company.
What is B2B Matchmaking?
B2B matchmaking is the process of bringing two or more people together who are interested in doing business with each other. It differs from B2C matchmaking in that it focuses on business-to-business (B2B) transactions, rather than consumer-to-consumer (C2C).
Why do you need to do it? There are many reasons why you should consider organizing a b2b event for your company, including:
- Attracting new customers and clients
- Building relationships with existing partners and suppliers
Building your company’s reputation in the industry Increasing revenue by making new sales
The Purpose of B2B Matchmaking Events
The purpose of a matchmaking event is to put people together and create opportunities that would not have existed otherwise. This can be done through a variety of methods, but the most common are:
- Speed dating – Participants have a set time limit (usually 5 minutes) with each company or individual present at the event. At the end of this time period, they move on to their next partner until everyone has met everyone else in attendance. This allows for more efficient networking than traditional networking events where you might spend 30 minutes talking with one person before moving on to another who may not be as interested in what you’re selling/trying to recruit them as much as someone else at the event would be.
- Speed pitching – Participants pitch their business idea/product/service within a limited amount of time (usually 1-2 minutes).
What Should a B2B Matchmaking Event Include?
A typical b2b matchmaking event will include a number of speakers, who will be available to answer questions before and after their presentations. The goal of this type of event is to make sure that attendees have the opportunity to ask questions about the topic being presented. In order for this process to work effectively, you’ll need someone on hand who can provide answers or point them in the right direction.
If you’re organizing an event where people from different businesses come together with the intention of finding new opportunities for collaboration or partnerships, then having knowledgeable speakers is essential for success!
There Are Three Main Types of Events You Can Host
- Academy Day: This is a full-day event, usually held on a weekend. It’s ideal for B2B marketers who want to build their brand and meet potential clients in person.
- Accelerated Learning Session: This session is shorter than an Academy Day, but it still offers plenty of opportunities for networking and learning from experts in your industry. You can also use these events as lead generation tools by inviting potential partners who may be interested in working together at some point down the road.
- Online Exchange: If you’re not ready to organize an offline event yet or don’t have enough resources available (time or money), consider hosting an online exchange instead–it’s less expensive than traditional matchmaking sessions, but still allows participants from different companies to share ideas while meeting other professionals they might want connected with later on down the line!
The first type of event is an academy day, which features one-on-one discussions between participants and experts. The idea behind this type of event is that it provides a chance for you to get your questions answered by industry leaders and learn from their experience.
Some examples of experts who might be invited to speak at your academy day include:
- CEOs or founders of successful B2B companies
- Venture capitalists (VCs) who invest in B2B startups
- Experts from academia with expertise in specific fields like marketing or sales strategy
Accelerated Learning Session
The second type is an accelerated learning session, which focuses on the latest trends or topics in your industry. It’s a great way to keep up with what’s going on in the world of business. It can also be helpful for people who are new to their company and want to learn about their culture and how things work there.
For example: if you’re organizing an accelerated learning session about marketing automation tools, then you would invite speakers from different companies that use these types of tools so they can share their experiences with attendees. The goal is for everyone involved to walk away with new knowledge that they can apply immediately back at work!
In order for this kind of event not just be another boring presentation where someone talks at us but doesn’t allow us any input into our own education (or worse yet–a pitch fest), it’s important that we make sure we have enough time set aside for questions so everyone gets an opportunity ask questions or get clarification before moving onto something else entirely different.”
The third type is an online exchange, which allows participants to connect online before or after the event through its website or social media channels. Online exchanges are a great way to connect with people who share similar interests and build relationships in advance of your next matchmaking event. You can find people who have similar skills on platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; or you may want to use an online exchange just for sharing information about your business and network with other professionals.
Use B2B Matchmaking Platform
B2B matchmaking platforms like Eventtia are a great way to connect people who have similar business interests. They allow you to create a community of like-minded professionals, learn about new trends in your industry and build your personal brand.
If you’re looking for ways to get more out of the events that you attend, then using B2B matchmaking platforms could be an excellent option for you.
Matchmaking Events Are a Great Way for Professionals to Learn New Skills and Gain Exposure Within Their Industry
Matchmaking events allow participants to network with other professionals in their industry, which can help them grow as individuals, develop more career opportunities and gain access to mentors who can help them reach their full potential. Matchmaking events also offer a unique opportunity for attendees to develop new skills or gain more knowledge about something they’re interested in learning about–whether that’s from an expert speaker or another attendee who has already mastered the skill being discussed at the event.
Matchmaking events are a great way for professionals to learn new skills and gain exposure within their industry. They also provide an opportunity for companies to connect with potential customers and partners. The best thing about these types of events is that they can be customized to suit your needs–whether it’s for your company or another organization looking for new opportunities in their field!
Read also more information