The art of Mehndi has been used world over for thousands of years. The plant that Mehndi actually comes from is known as Lawsonia inermis, and it is mostly cultivated in Asia, Australia and Africa. Following are some Mehndi Designs 2023 from across the world that you will find fascinating and can use for daily life, for weddings, or for events such as Eid.
1. Mehndi refers to the dye prepared from the Mehndi plant. It has been used for centuries to dye skin, hair and sometimes even fingernails. Clothes can also be dyed using Mehndi. Following is a traditional mehndi design showing a flower inside a beautiful motif.
2. Following is a petal design which is elegant and minimalist. It has been recently discovered that Mehndi is antibacterial and antifungal, while also being anti-hemorrhagic. It has also been used for medicinal purposes. However its most popular use is and always has been decoration and embellishment.
3. Following is an intricate design showing traditional muslim and islamic symbols and art. The deft touches, thin patterns and a very delicate design is presented below. Its Mehndi Designs 2023 as we earlier promised.
4. Following is a floral pattern, fittingly depicted in front of an actual tree
5. Below you can see a very traditional design that originated in India.
6. The arm-length design here uses no less 5 different kind of designs and motifs which not only beautiful but also very elegant
7. Following is a classic and quintessential design which is universally admired in its beauty and acknowledged as being a go-to design if you’re out of ideas. The Mehndi Designs 2023 are something that you have been looking forward to.
8 A bride is never complete without her Mehndi!
9 It’s not always about intricate designs – sometimes you can apply mehndi on your entire fingers to give them a dipped-in-mehndi look which is always beautiful to see.
10. Traditionally, brides receive gifts of jewellery and have Mehndi painted on their hands right before their weddings
11. Designs suited ideally for Eid ul fitr, Eid ul Adha and Shbe-e Barat
12. Who needs detailed designs when you can simply write ‘Eid Mubarak’ on your hands? Mehndi Designs 2023 have evolved this entire genre.
13. African traditional design can be recognized from miles away.
14. Sometimes chic and tenderness can compensate for detailed and heavy designs, as seen below…
15…but there never is an alternate for hard work and labour of love, is there?
16. Tunisians believe in simplicity and minimalism. They have probably seen our Mehndi Designs 2023.
17. Some designs look like they were drawn by angels themselves. This one from Iran could definitely be confused for one!
18. The designs from India can easily be recognized and admired
19. Africans have their own identity when it comes to Mehndi designs
20. Decorating the hands and feet of the bride are an important part of the wedding events across the Arab world. Here we see a traditional Arab design with amazing art. Mehndi Designs 2023 just keep giving dont they?
21. In Malaysia, Mehndi, which is know as inai, is used to adorn the brides hand before her big day
22. In Marakesh, Mehndi is applied symbolically when different life events occur.
23. Sometimes art is also used as a statement, as shown below.
24. The following honeycomb design is unique as it is gorgeous.
We hope you liked our designs. We hope to keep brining you more such designs, so do keep checking our blog for latest updates.