The error message HP printer driver is unavailable in a Windows 11 computer feels frustrating. Some of the obvious causes for it include corrupt or missing printer drives and pending Windows updates. This common error makes it impossible for you to print documents. So, you must know how to troubleshoot it.
In this post, you will read about the potential fixes for this problem, so you can resume your printing operations.
Fixes for HP Printer Driver is Unavailable Issue
Windows 11 users have various resources at their disposal to remediate this error. Read and implement the following techniques.
1. Get the latest Windows updates.
Your system will encounter various performance issues if it does not have the latest updates. Follow these points to install Windows updates.
- Press the Windows key + I on the keyboard.
- It will launch ‘Settings.’
- In this window, move to ‘Windows update.’
- Click ‘Check for updates.’
- Install all pending updates.
- Lastly, let your system restart and check for the issue.
2. Check for HP printer driver updates.
Similar to Windows updates, printer driver updates also have many big fixes and patches. So, if you are working with outdated drivers, it can be the reason for the driver is unavailable printer HP issue.
- Launch the ‘Run’ window. Tap the Windows key and R to do so.
- In the search field of the box, input devmgmt.msc.
- Hit ‘OK.’
- The window of ‘Device Managers’ will launch.
- In this window, tap on the ‘Printers’ section and expand it.
- Right-tap on your printer.
- Now, pick the ‘Update driver’ option.
- Soon after, the Update Drivers wizard will open.
- Here, choose ‘Browse my computer for drivers.’
- You will see various instructions to install the driver.
- Use them to install it.
- Sometimes, even after using the instructions, you will find the problem persisting.
- Open the Update Wizard again.
- Now, pick ‘Search automatically for drivers.’
- The wizard will give you various instructions.
- Follow them to get the HP printer driver update.
3. Remove the HP printer driver.
If you still find the HP printer driver is an unavailable error on your Windows 11 system, don’t worry. You can uninstall the driver. It is possible that the one you’ve installed has bugs and needs to be replaced.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button on the Windows system.
- Use it to head to the ‘Device Manager’ section.
- In the Device Manager, expand the ‘Printers’ section.
- Right-tap on your HP printing device.
- Select ‘Uninstall device.’
- A confirmation window will show up.
- Here, choose the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ option.
- After that, hit ‘Uninstall.’
- Now, restart your Windows 11 system.
- Windows will install the right driver automatically when you start the system.
- This should fix the driver issue.
4. Employ the printer troubleshooter
There are various in-built troubleshooters in Windows 11 that can help you fix printer problems. Here’s how to use the troubleshooter to fix this specific problem.
- Launch the Start menu.
- Tap the gear-shaped icon to access ‘Settings.’
- Hit ‘Printers and Scanners’ in the ‘Bluetooth & Devices’ tab.
- Select your HP printer.
- Tap ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
- Windows will scan for printer issues and give you relevant fixes.
- Apply them to make your printer work optimally.
Manually add your HP printer.
It is a short yet effective fix for the driver is unavailable printer hp issue.
- Access the ‘Settings’ app, and move to ‘Bluetooth and devices.’
- Here, tap ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Choose ‘Add device.’
- After that, tap ‘Add manually.’
- Choose the relevant option.
- Now adhere to the pointers on your screen.
Don’t let the HP printer driver is unavailable error waste your precious time. Use these measures to get rid of it and start printing. You can also consult a printer expert if the issue persists for advanced troubleshooting.