You want your walls to have a beautifully textured look, and you are going here and there to get more and more info, so we are here to provide you the best options for textured wallpaper and further details. However, before you start, it is vital to consider the advantages and disadvantages of applying wallpaper on textured walls. In this article by Wallpaper Land, we’ll go through the benefits and drawbacks of applying wallpaper on textured walls, advise on how to do it properly, and avoid any potential pitfalls.
Let’s Start with “Textured Wallpaper”?
Textured wallpaper gets its name from the raised or embossed surface, and it is a wallpaper typically made from vinyl or some other synthetic material. Textured wallpaper can give a space more depth and intrigue and can be used to cover small faults in the wall surface. Remember to add paint or primer if textured wallpaper is difficult to place on the wall.
Do you know about Wall Stickers?
Wall stickers are decals that can be applied to the walls of your home. They come in various designs, including geometric patterns, landscapes, and personal photos. Wall stickers are a quick way to make your life more beautiful, and the choice of wallpaper will always enhance your mood and feelings in every moment you spend there. Emotions and feelings get attached again to your house, and this flexibility makes them a very versatile decorating option.
What Is Meant by Wall Decals?
You need decoration, and I need your satisfaction, so Wall decals are the proper art option to win hearts. They are often constructed out of vinyl or fabric and can adhere to any flat surface, and they’re simple to apply and remove and available in many styles and colors.
What Do We Mean About Tapestries?
Tapestries are a type of textile art, typically consisting of a woven fabric decorated with images, patterns, or text. They have been used for ages to bring beauty and insulation to residences, and they are still widely utilized for those same purposes today. Tapestries are easy to use as you can hang them on walls as floor coverings, and they come in various sizes, shapes, and colors.
Textured Wallpaper Has Both Positive and Negative Aspects to Consider
The use of textured wallpaper is accompanied by several benefits as well as drawbacks. Utilizing textured wallpaper may assist in covering any defects in your walls, which is one of the potential benefits of employing such wallpaper. In addition to this, it has the potential to offer both aesthetic appeal and depth to a room. One of the cons of Textured wallpaper is that it may be difficult to remove, which can cause wall crust damage. Additionally, it might not adhere well to walls with a bumpy surface.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Hanging Textured Wallpaper
Textured walls can add a lot of depth to your room, but they can be tricky to wallpaper because of their unique surface. The good news is that textured walls can be wallpapered over by adhering to a few basic steps.
- First, wash and dry your textured walls thoroughly to remove any dust or debris. Apply wallpaper glue after prepping surfaces. We strongly suggest using an adhesive specifically developed for textured walls.
- We suggest you go up the wall and work your way down. When you get to the bottom of the wall, cut off any extra wallpaper with a utility knife and set it aside for later.
- And that’s it! You can apply wallpaper to textured walls effectively by following these simple instructions.
How to Put Up Textured Wallcovering?
Before you select your wallpaper, there are a few things you need to take into consideration.
- First, give some thought to the many styles of wallpaper available and choose which one would look best on your wall. For textured walls, you’ll want to pick a wallpaper designed specifically for that surface.
- Next, check that your wall has been prepared and ready. This means cleaning it well to remove any dirt, oil, or grime that could interfere with the adhesive. Sometimes, you may also need to sand down the surface to create a smooth base. When you have finished all those processes, you will be prepared to install your new wallpaper and enjoy the newly renovated room.
- Starting with paste, apply the wallpapers using the “mortar the wall” approach directly on the wall instead of the back of the paper. The wallpaper will seem more polished and professional when applied with seam rollers specifically designed for this task.
Patterned Wallpaper Comes in a Variety of Designs
There are a few options available if you’re looking for a way to add some dimension and texture to your walls.
- Depending on your preference, try using textured paints, which can be spread with a roller or a sprayer.
- Or, you could use wall stickers. These are vinyl stickers with an adhesive backing that can be placed on your walls in any design you select.
- Wall decals or stencils are a simple method to decorate without leaving residue. You can find them in various colors and patterns to match any aesthetic, and they can be applied and removed easily.
- Another way to add dimension to your walls is by hanging tapestries or fabric wall hangings. These come in a wide range of colors and styles, and you can use nails or sticky hooks to hang them on your wall.
Wallpaper is a quick, cost-effective makeover. But you can’t put wallpaper on textured walls. It usually chips, peels, or cracks. But you can disguise texture with paint and make your walls as textured as you like. Thanks for reading