Hajj is Furd on Muslims who have met the requirements. And, it should be noted, this obligation only applies once in a lifetime. The next Hajj for those who have performed, the law becomes sunnah, except for those who make a vow, then it is obligatory. Well , if you have the intention, let ‘s check pillars of Hajj, types of Hajj and the things below!
Pillars of Hajj
Here are 5 pillars of Hajj that must be fulfilled in order for your Hajj to be valid.
Also Read : Right Procedure for Sex in islam
Ihram is the intention to perform Hajj at Makkah. Before performing Hajj you are required to read the intention first. After that you have to take a obligatory bath, pray two rak’ahs of sunnah and then put on ihram clothes. The Ihram clothes used are: For men, it is two pieces of ihram cloth. One cloth is sheathed and the other is shrouded.
As for women, they must wear clothes that cover the whole body, except for the face and hands (wrist to fingertips).
When you are in ihram, you are prohibited from doing the following:
- Using fragrances or perfumes.
- Plucking hair or trimming nails.
- Annoy and hunt animals.
- Damage, carve, slash or cut trees.
- Propose, marry, and testify to marriage.
- Making out to having a husband-wife relationship.
- Saying harsh words, dirty, abusive to fight with other worshipers.
Wukuf at Arafah
Wukuf means to stop or remain silent, while Arafah is the name of a mountain in Makkah. So wukuf in Arafah is to stop or stay in the desert of Arafah. The implementation time starts from zuhur around 12 noon on the 9th to dawn on the 10th of Zulhijjah. During the performance of wukuf you are not required to be pure from major or minor hadas. Therefore, for women who are menstruating or postpartum, they are still allowed to perform wukuf.
Tawaf Ifadah is to circle the Kabah seven times with the position of the Kabah on the left starting from the Hijr e Aswod until it ends at the Hijar e Aswod again. This Ifadah Tawaf is done after throwing the Aqabah on 10 Zulhijjah. And the following are the conditions for tawaf.
- Clean from hadas.
- Cover the genitals.
- Clean from body and clothes.
- Starting from a place parallel to the Hijar e Aswod.
- The position of the Kaaba must be on the left.
- Go around seven times.
- Done inside the Grand Mosque but outside the Kaaba.
In addition, there are also several practices or actions that are sunnah when performing tawaf, including the following:-
- Tawaf on foot.
- Shorten steps.
- Walk fast.
- Perform the Hajar Aswad at the beginning of the Tawaf by using the right hand while saying “Allahu Akbar”.
- Kissed the Black Stone and put his forehead on it.
- Prayers sunnah two rakaat after tawaf behind Maqam Ibrahim.
- Tawaf adjacent to the Kaaba.
In carrying out the pilgrimage, there are various types of tawaf. Here are some tawaf that you must know.
- Tawaf Qudum is a “welcome” tawaf when you arrive in Mecca.
- Tawaf Ifadhah is tawaf that is part of the pillars of Hajj and is carried out for those who have returned from Wukuf in Arafah.
- Sunnah Tawaf is Tawaf that is done solely to seek the pleasure of Allah at any time.
- Tawaf Tahiyyat is a sunnah tawaf commonly done when entering the Grand Mosque.
- Tawaf Nazar is tawaf done to fulfill a vow or promise.
- Tawaf Wada’ is a “goodbye” tawaf performed before leaving the city of Makkah as a sign of respect to glorify the Baitullah.
Sai is walking or jogging from the hill of Safa to the hill of Marwah. That is done seven times after the tawaf ifadah. The conditions for doing sai are as follows.
- Preceded by doing tawaf ifadah.
- Performed in place of sai up to seven times.
- The beginning of sai starts from the hill of Safa and ends at the hill of Marwah.
Tahallul is shaving or cutting the hair of the head after carrying out the sai. It is sunnah for men to shave off their hair, while for women it is enough to cut the ends of the hair to the length of the fingers. The Tahallul Hajj consists of two kinds, namely as follows:-
The Tahallul Awal is the state of a person doing two of the following three activities:
- Throwing jumrah Aqabah then cutting hair.
- Throwing jumrah Aqabah and tawaf ifadah.
- Tawaf ifadah, sai, and shaving
It is a series of practices that are carried out in the pilgrimage, if the pilgrimage is not valid, but must pay the dam. It is a sin to intentionally leave with no syar’i excuse.
Types of Hajj
There are three types of Hajj, namely the Hajj Tammattu, the Hajj Ifrad, and the Hajj Qiran.
What is the difference?
So if the Tammattu Hajj performs umrah first then hajj. Meanwhile, Ifrad Hajj performs Hajj first then Umrah and interspersed with Tahallul. As for the Hajj qiran, performing Hajj and Umrah together without being interrupted by tahallul.
Those were the pillars of Hajj and the Types of Hajj that we need to know. Hopefully, we can be given the opportunity to carry out the Hajj in the future.